- Supports Intel® Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo based processors in LGA775 package.
- Supports Intel® Yorkfield, Wolfdale in the LGA775 package.
- Supports FSB 1333/1066/800 MHz.
- Intel® X38 Chipset
- Supports FSB 800/1066/1333MHz.
- Supports dual channel, DDR3 800/1066/1333.
Intel® ICH9R Chipset
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec, up to 12 ports.
- 4 SATAII with 2 eSATA* ports with transfer rate up to 3Gb/s.
- Supports Viiv technology
- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.
- ACPI 2.0 compliant.
- Serial ATA RAID 0/1/5/10.
- Integrated AHCI controller.
- Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 SDRAM
- Supports up to 8GB memory size.
- Supports dual channel DDR3 memory architecture.
- Supports DDR3 800/1066/1333 memory interface.
- Two mazarine PCI Express x16 slots (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant; supports CrossFire Technology)
- Two yellow PCI Express x16 slots with x4 operations (PCI Express Bus SPEC V1.0a compliant)
- Two PCI Express x1 slots. (support PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)
- One 32-bit v2.3 master PCI bus slot.
- Support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface.
- One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in Marvell® 88SE6111.
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
SATAII controller integrated in ICH9R and Silicon Image® 5723 chipest
- Up to 300MB/sec transfer speed.
- Supports four SATAII ports and two eSATA ports by ICH9R.
- Supports AHCI controller with SATA RAID 0/1/5/10 by ICH9R.
- Supports two SATAII ports by 5723.
- Supports SATA RAID 0/1, JBOD mode/ by 5723. (for SATA7 & SATA8 only)
- Chip integrated by Realtek® ALC888
- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing
- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 spec.
- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spec.
- Supports PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111B.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Intel 82566DC. (for ViiV)
- VIA® VT6308P chipset
- Supports up to two 1394 ports. (Rear panel x1, pinheader x1)
- Transfer rate is up to 400Mbps.
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU / System x 5 FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 1 x SPDIF-out pinheader
- 1 x chasis intrusion connector
- 1 x serial port pinheader
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector
- 6 x Serial ATAII connectors
- 1 x ATA133 connector
- 1 x IEEE1394 connector support additional 1 port
- 1 x TPM module connector (optional)
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 mouse
- 2 x eSATA ports (support Command Based Port Multipliers)
- 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ45 LAN jacks
- 1 x IEEE1394 port
- 1 x Optical SPDIF-out
- The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and
expansion cards of the board automatically.
- The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your
MSI X38 Platinum, Intel, LGA 775 (Socket T), Realtek RTL8111B, 10/100/1000, ATX, ATX
MSI X38 Platinum. Processor manufacturer: Intel, Processor socket: LGA 775 (Socket T). LAN controller: Realtek RTL8111B, Networking features: 10/100/1000. Motherboard form factor: ATX, Power source type: ATX. Width: 245 mm, Depth: 305 mm